Business Masterclass – Overview and Go-To Solar Business Opportunities in India
In the 1900s, if you knew how big the automobile market was going to be, would you still choose to be a horse trader?
The solar industry is growing and the opportunities across the globe – within India and abroad, have only started to grow. Experts believe that less than 1% of the solar business potential in India has been tapped and the business opportunity in the Indian solar industry is huge.
- What does it take to enter the solar industry and start your own solar PV business?
- What kind of skills do you require?
- What kind of business models can you create?
- What kind of people do you need to run your solar business?
- What kind of financial capital do you need to set up a solar business
- What kinds of inefficiencies can your solar business target?
Answers to all these questions and much more is what this 3 day masterclass on “Overview and Go-To Solar Business Opportunities in India” is about. Join us to learn from a seasoned industry expert and consultant – Mr. Ashish Verma, to know more about what kind of business opportunities await you in the solar industry. With an extended Q&A session and extended* online support, learn from him as to why and how can you be a part of the solar industry.
How should you prepare for this class?
Mr. Ashish Verma, your mentor for this masterclass, is a seasoned professional of the solar industry with over 6 years of industry experience. Having completed his M.Tech in Energy Systems, Mr. Ashish has a vast experience of working at companies like Gensol Consultants, AMP Solar and First Solar Inc. He is currently the Lead Development Analyst at Adani North America. His professional roles have involved Lenders Engineering, Pre-Bid Management, Pre-feasibility and Techno-Commercial, Strategic Planning & Development at leading Domestic and International Solar IPPs, Consulting and Lenders (SBI, PTC-PFS, PFC and Reliance Cap).
- Renewable energy in the world - growth, target, trends and market size.
- Renewable energy in India – growth, target, trends and market size.
- The solar power market and how the market is categorized.
- Popular schemes, initiatives, and policies in India.
- Common mistakes/gaps/inefficiencies in the solar industry
- Why start a solar business & what makes it unique
- Business models, product/service offerings and opportunities for MSME.
- Stakeholders and their respective roles.
- Skills and nature of manpower required to start a solar business.
- Ideal regions for installing power plants in India
- Business Finance and capital required to start your business.
- Extended LIVE Interactive Q&A Session
Usage of audio-visual aid: Yes
Study material: Reading material and class recordings provided.
We strongly recommend that you attend the course with a notebook and pen to make important notes and a pair of headphones to ensure the best audio.