Advanced Understanding and Applications of PVSyst
PVSyst is a downloadable software and tool that is used to estimate and optimize the energy output of a solar PV plant.
PVSyst is considered to be the industrial standard as a solar design tool. As a software, PVSyst allows the user to simulate the energy output, losses, analyse shadings, carry out financial estimations, probability reports, and use many more features. Users of PVSyst can simulate the potential energy performance of a power plant, after having specified information such as location, meteo data, components to be used, arrangement, budgets and so on.
The main results to be derived from PVSyst reports are the total energy production, performance ratio, specific energy and gains/losses involved in the simulation. The final report produced from a PVSyst simulation plays a key role in the proposal to be submitted to potential clients.
PVSyst as a software is extremely feature-loaded and broad. For the same reason, Reojob has created two separate curriculums – Introduction to PVSyst and Advanced Applications and Understanding of PVSyst.
Key course takeaways
- Simulation of trackers, bifacial modules
- CAPEX and OPEX financial analysis
- P50/P90 reports
- Simulation with grid constraints and more
- Independently perform PVSyst simulations of multi-megawatt projects
- Certificate of Completion after successfully clearing the course.
- 8 hours+ of online video content
- Downloadable PDF files and exercise excel sheets
- Access to the instructor over WhatsApp and Mail for all your doubts and queries
- Course contents accessible for 45 days
Mr. Shalve Mohile, your instructor for this course, is a freelance solar PV design engineer with an experience of over 6 years in designing and building solar projects, with various system configurations including on-grid, off-grid and micro-grid systems.
With expertise over PVSyst, Helioscope, Aurora and AutoCAD, Mr. Shalve has previously worked as a design engineer with companies like Tata Power and the Ravin Group. As a freelance design engineer and consultant, he works with clients across India, Australia, US and Germany and is also an experienced trainer in the field.
- Introduction to Off-Grid and Storage Systems
- Understanding the difference between Off-grid and Grid-Connected systems
- Understanding load, load profile, and variations during the day
- Variation of solar generation during the day
- Overlapping solar generation v/s load
- Understanding the basics of batteries
- Understanding of Nominal, System and Battery Voltage
- Designing a battery-based system using PVSyst/Helioscope reports
- Interval Data v/s Solar Generation Analysis
- Estimating the battery capacity
- Battery Bank design
- Battery Bank BOS considerations, SPDS and Isolators
- Comparison of various battery technologies
- Design comparison of Lead Acid and Lithium-Ion
- Application of Battery based system other than Off-grid systems
- Peak Shaving
- Weak Grid Stabilizing
- Case Studies
- Q&A Session
Usage of audio-visual aid: Yes
Study material: Reading material and class recordings provided.
Post which, you will have 3 days` time to complete a 60 minute Online Test and submit a solved Case Study Assignment. The evaluation of the same will take 5-7 working days and results will be announced shortly after.