Advanced Understanding and Applications of PVSyst
PVSyst is a downloadable solar design software tool that is used to estimate and optimize the energy output of a solar energy plant. PVSyst is an industrial standard as a solar design tool. As a software, it allows the user to simulate the energy output, losses, analyze near shadings, carry out financial analysis, probability reports, horizon profile, and generate many more outputs.
Users of PVSyst can simulate the potential energy performance of a power plant, after having specified information such as location, meteo data, components to be used, arrangement, budgets and so on. The main results to be derived from PVSyst reports are the total energy production, performance ratio, specific energy and the gains/losses involved in the simulation. The final report produced from a PVSyst simulation plays a key role in the proposal to be submitted to potential clients and investors in order to understand the bankability of the project.
PVSyst as a software is extremely feature-loaded and broad. For the same reason, Reojob has created two separate curriculums – Introduction to PVSyst and Advanced Applications and Understanding of PVSyst.
Why Advanced PVSyst?
- The most detailed and advanced PVSyst course as per our survey
- Deep dive into the functionalities and tools in the software
- Detailing complex and difficult PVSyst simulations and optimizing the designs
- Needed for accurate cash flow calculations and building investor confidence
- Analyze the performance of existing plants
- Suitable for professionals working with multi-MWp projects
Key course takeaways
- Simulation of trackers, bifacial modules, horizon profiles
- CAPEX and OPEX financial analysis
- P50/P90 reports
- Simulation with grid constraints and more
- Independently perform PVSyst simulations of multi-megawatt projects
- Certificate of Completion after successfully clearing the course.
- 9 hours+ of online course videos
- Downloadable PDF files and exercise excel sheets
- Access to the instructor over WhatsApp and Mail for all your doubts and queries
- Online course videos active for 45 days
- Free trial version of the PVSyst software
Equivalent to 1 year of
Practical case studies & assignments
Walk-away doubt free
Mr. Shalve Mohile, your instructor for this online course, is a freelance solar design engineer with an experience of over 7 years in designing and building solar projects, with various system configurations including on-grid, off-grid, and micro-grid solar energy systems.
With expertise over PVSyst, Helioscope, Aurora, and AutoCAD, Mr. Shalve has previously worked as a solar design engineer with companies like Tata Power and the Ravin Group. As a solar design consultant, he works with clients across India, Australia, the US and Germany and is also an experienced trainer in the field.
Online Course Syllabus
- Simulating system configuration with multiple sub-arrays and inverters
- Simulation using Seasonal Tilt arrangement
- Simulation using Single Axis Tracking systems
- Creating a 3D scene for all of the above using a case study
- Evaluating the differences between the generation for the three system
- Use of optimization tools to optimize/fine-tune the power plant
- Understanding and generation of P50/P90 reports
- Understanding and simulation of Grid constraints - Active Power Limitation/Power Factor Limitation
- Simulation using bi-facial modules
- Interval data/8760 Report generation and analysis
- 3D Modeling with greater details and defining strings
- Modeling for self-consumption and storage
- Financial analysis - CAPEX and OPEX proposals
Usage of audio-visual aid: Yes
Study material: Reading material and class recordings provided.
This course is NOT
- A simple demonstration of the software.
- All theory and no practicals.
- Surface level information as covered elsewhere on Youtube, Udemy, or other institutes.
This course IS
- A 100% professional course. It has been taken up by not just freshers but also solar industry veterans with more than 8-10 years of experience.
- It is designed from scratch to make you an independent PVSyst user.
- Full of case studies, actionable insights and real-life examples
- Covers an analytical understanding of everything in the syllabus.
- Designed and approved by industry professionals as the most accurate and helpful resource