Solar PV Plant Designing with PVSyst
PVSyst is a downloadable solar design software tool that is used to estimate and optimize the energy output of a solar energy plant. PVSyst is an industrial standard as a solar design tool. As a software, it allows the user to simulate the energy output, losses, analyze near shadings, carry out financial analysis, probability reports, horizon profile and generate many more outputs.
Users of PVSyst can simulate the potential energy performance of a power plant, after having specified information such as location, meteo data, components to be used, arrangement, budgets and so on. The main results to be derived from PVSyst reports are the total energy production, performance ratio, specific energy and the gains/losses involved in the simulation. The final report produced from a PVSyst simulation plays a key role in the proposal to be submitted to potential clients and investors in order to understand the bankability of the project.
PVSyst as a software is extremely feature-loaded and broad. For the same reason, Reojob has created two separate curriculums – Introduction to PVSyst and Advanced Applications and Understanding of PVSyst.
Key course takeaways
- Fundamentals of site assessment and the mathematics behind solar design
- A complete walkthrough of the PVSyst software
- Detailed knowledge of Losses, 3D Modeling and Near Shading
- Analysing a PVSyst report
- Independently perform PVSyst simulations of up to 1-2 MW
- Certificate of Completion after successfully clearing the course
- 8 hours+ of online course videos
- Downloadable PDF files and exercise excel sheets
- Access to the instructor over WhatsApp and Mail for all your doubts and queries
- Online course videos active for 45 days
- Free trial version of the PVSyst software
Equivalent to 4 months of
Practical case studies & assignments
Walk-away doubt free
Mr. Shalve Mohile, your instructor for this online course, is a freelance solar design engineer with an experience of over 7 years in designing and building solar projects, with various system configurations including on-grid, off-grid and micro-grid solar energy systems.
With expertise over PVSyst, Helioscope, Aurora and AutoCAD, Mr. Shalve has previously worked as a solar design engineer with companies like Tata Power and the Ravin Group. As a solar design consultant, he works with clients across India, Australia, the US and Germany and is also an experienced trainer in the field.
Online Course Syllabus
- Basics of Site Assessment (Site feasibility and technical due diligence)
- Purpose and factors to consider.
- Desktop and On-Site Assessment.
- Understand the impact of solar irradiation, tilt angles and other variables on PV production.
- Overview, and comparison of various simulation software available.
- Advantages and disadvantages of using simulation software.
- Introduction to PVSyst.
- Basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometry calculations (e.g., area, slope, inter-row shading, wind loads)
- Key terminologies to be understood in PVSyst.
- Creating a new project.
- Choosing/creating a weather file for the location.
- Importing components.
- Setting design conditions.
- Orientation parameters.
- Design parameters.
- Choosing modules/inverters.
- Using MPPT/string features.
- Horizon, explanation and importing from meteonorm.
- 3D Modelling, Near shading, and Shadow Analysis.
- Detailed loss parameters: Analytical explanation about each loss parameter.
- Prepare a budgetary quotation.
- Simulation, explanation and discussion of final result, loss graph and report.
- Understanding final result
- Energy Generation Analysis
- Performance Estimation
Usage of audio-visual aid: Yes
Study material: Reading material and class recordings provided.
This course is NOT
- A simple demonstration of the software.
- All theory and no practicals.
- Surface level information as covered elsewhere on Youtube, Udemy or other institutes.
This course IS
- A 100% professional course. It has been taken up by not just freshers but also solar industry veterans with more than 8-10 years of experience.
- It is designed from scratch to make you an independent PVSyst user.
- Full of case studies, actionable insights and real life examples
- Covers an analytical understanding of everything in the syllabus.
- Designed and approved by industry professionals as the most accurate and helpful resource