Solar PV Plant Designing with PVSol
PVSOL is a well-known design software that is used for planning and simulation of solar photovoltaic systems.
PVSOL has a dynamic simulation approach with 3D visualization and detailed shading analysis for the calculation of photovoltaic systems in combination with consumers, battery systems and electric vehicles.
PVSOL allows us to visualize all common types of systems, whether integrated in the roof or on top, on small angled roofs, large industrial halls or open spaces – with up to 7,500 raised modules or up to 10,000 parallel modules on the roof and calculate the shading based on 3D objects. This enables solar designers to achieve the highest level of reliability in their earnings forecast – because the real representation of shading from surrounding objects is essential for an accurate income calculation.
Key course takeaways
- Complete walkthrough of the PVSOL software.
- Detailed 3D shading analysis
- Analytical understanding of a PVSOL report
- Independently perform PVSOL simulations of upto 1-2 MW by using real cases
- Certificate of Completion after successfully clearing the course.
The course is right for you, if
- You understand the basics of solar power operation and generation. You are also expected to have a fair understanding of the basics of solar, including Solar Sizing, Azimuth, Tilt, Module selection and so on.
- You have prior experience with PVSyst, Helioscope or any other solar PV design software.
- You are familiar with terms like kW, kWh, Peak Load and Time of Use.
- 9 hours of online course videos across 6 modules.
- Free trial version of PVSOL
- Access to the course recordings for 30 days
- Downloadable PDFs and Exercise Excel Sheets
- 30 days access to the instructor after the class for all doubts and queries
Mr. Ilia Vikhman, your instructor for this course, is an experienced solar PV design engineer with an experience of over 3 years in designing and building solar projects in Europe (Germany and Czech Republic) and Israel, with various system configurations including on-grid and off-grid. With expertise over PVSOL, PVSyst, Sketchup and AutoCAD, Mr. Vikhman is currently working as a project developer in CEZ (one of the largest energy companies in East Europe). He received a degree in Material Science Engineering and has also previously worked also as a Process Engineer in the Semiconductor and Composite Material industries with companies like Intel and Israel Aerospace.
- Introduction and walkthrough of PVSOL
- Explanation of the Graphical User Interface[GUI]
- Going over the Menu tabs, Settings, and other options
- Inserting project data information
- Setting the system type, climate data, and the grid
- 2D scenes:
- 2D layout
- 3D scenes:
- Preparing project based on known map services for a rooftop and commercial projects
- Preparing project based on open/tilted areas for utility-scale projects
- Adding shading object, setbacks, obstructions, panel layout, inverter stringing and more.
- Cable losses
- SLD Diagram creation and exporting
- Part list creation
- Financial analysis: Feed-in tariffs, income and expenditure
- Simulation result and analytical understanding of a PVSOL report
- Presentation of the file export
- Based on the knowledge that we gathered, we will perform a full 3D PV simulation for the Rooftop project (up to 30 KW) based on a real PVSOL case study.
- Based on the knowledge that we gathered we will perform a full PV simulation of a commercial project (up to 250 KW) based on a real PVSOL case study that will include the client consumption diagram.
- Based on the knowledge that we gathered, we will perform a full PV simulation of a utility-scale project(up to 3 MW) based on a real PVSOL case study.
Usage of audio-visual aid: Yes
Study material: Reading material and class recordings provided.
We strongly recommend that you attend the course with a notebook and pen to make important notes and a pair of headphones to ensure the best audio.
Post which, you will have 3 days` time to complete a 60 minute Online Test and submit a solved Case Study Assignment. The evaluation of the same will take 5-7 working days and results will be announced shortly after.